At the District of Columbia Unemployment Offices And Career Centers you can get assistance in filing your claim for unemployment insurance benefits. These benefits are available to you if your have become unemployed through no fault of your own. Keep in mind that benefits are established by Federal law and you have the right to apply for unemployment if you have lost your job.
American Job Center Southeast
2330 Pomeroy Road S.E.
Washington, DC 20020
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
American Job Center – Northeast
5171 South Dakota Avenue NE
Washington, DC 20017
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30AM-4:30PM and Fridays 9:30AM-4:30PM
Comprehensive One-Stop Career Centers
American Job Center – Northwest
2000 14th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm and Fridays 8:30am-4:30pm
Office of Youth Programs – Affiliate
4058 Minnesota Ave. N.E.
Washington, DC 20019
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday-Thursday; 9:30am-4:30pm Friday
Office of Youth Programs/Passport to Work Program
4058 Minnesota Ave., NE
Washington, DC 20019
Phone: (202) 724-2334
Affiliate One Stops
United States Veterans Assistance Center (USVAC) Veterans Affairs Regional Office
1722 I Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20421
Phone: (800) 827-1000
Affiliate One Stops
What Information Do I Need To File For DC Unemployment Benefits?
- Your social security number.
- Your most recent employer’s name, address, phone number and dates of employment.
- Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a US Citizen.
- Your DD214, if you are ex-military vet.
- Your Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50, if you are a former federal employee.
- Severance pay information if you did or will receive severance pay.
- Pension information if you are receiving a pension.
- Evidence of a public health emergency if impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19)
What are the Standard Requirements To Qualify For DC Unemployment Benefits?
- You must be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- You must not be receiving or seeking UI benefits from another state.
- You must accurately state the reason you became unemployed when filing your claim.
- You must report your earnings; all earnings including part-time or temporary work.
- You must Register with the District of Columbia Department of Employment Services.
- You must be Available For Work in order to collect benefits,
- You must continually verify that you are physically able to work.
- You must be available and willing to accept suitable work.
- You must be actively searching for work.
- You must search at lease 2 job contacts each week or your benefits may be denied.
What are the Financial Requirements To qualify for DC Unemployment Benefits?
- You must have at least $1,300 in wages in one quarter of the base period.
- You must have wages in at least two quarters of the base period.
- You must have at least $1,950 in wages for the entire base period.
- Your total base period wages must be at least one and one half times the wages in your highest quarter, or be within $70 of that amount.
How to File for DC Unemployment Benefits?
- Log on to www.dcnetworks.org to file a Claim for Unemployment Benefits.
- Click on the “Unemployment Insurance Service Center for Claimants”.
- Locate and click the section marked “File for Benefits”.
- Answering all questions to complete your claim.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page then click “File Your
How long will it take for me to start getting my DC Unemployment Benefit
- If usually takes about 21 days for you to start getting your UI claim payments.
What do I Do If some one has fraudulently filed for unemployment benefits in my name?
- You will need to completing the Identity Theft Form.
- Call the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Fraud Hotline at 877-372-8260
How do I contact The DC Office Of Employment Compensation?
How DO I File An Appeal concerning my DC Unemployment Insurance Benefits?
You can download a DC Appeal Form to request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge if you wish to appeal a decision by the Department of Employment Services.
You File Your DC Appeal With The:
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
OFFICE OF ADMINISTRATIVE HEARINGS
ONE JUDICIARY SQUARE
441 4TH STREET NW, SUITE 450N
WASHINGTON, DC 20001
Tel: (202) 442-9094 Fax: (202) 442-4789
District of Columbia Unemployment Insurance Benefits Eligibility
Question of the day:
Q) I have been filing for unemployment benefits for three weeks and did not receive any pay this week