If i am currently pregnant and cannot work am i eligible for unemployment?
August 13, 2014
Q) If i am currently pregnant and cannot work am i eligible for unemployment?
A) Pregnancy does not qualify you for unemployment insurance benefits. In order for you to get unemployment insurance benefits you must meet your state unemployment benefit requirements – Please visit your state unemployment office website and view your state unemployment benefit requirements.
General requirement for unemployment insurance benefits:
- Have received enough wages during the base period to establish a claim.
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.