A) In most cases, being terminated from a job for being late would be considered misconduct and could result in disqualification from unemployment benefits. However, eligibility requirements vary by state and there may be certain circumstances where you could still be eligible. It’s best to check with your state’s unemployment office to see if you qualify and to find out what steps you need to take to apply for benefits.
Requirements for Unemployment Benefits
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.