MY employer is cutting our hours, am I eligible for unemployment?
November 21, 2013
Q) MY employer cutting hours I work at a College so when school is in I will work 40 hours a week and in the summer I will work 30 hours a week am I eligible for unemployment when I only work 30 hours a week in the summer????
A) If you are partially employed, you may qualify for unemployment Insurance benefits.
Requirements for Unemployment Benefits
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.
My employeer is cutting hours, i went from seen 40plus hours of work a week to now getting 15 hours, am i qualified for unemployment? If so what do i need to bring in.
To qualify for unemployment you must be totally or partially unemployed, meet monetarily eligibility and have worked the required hours (in a given period of time) required by your state.
Typical information needed to file Unemployment:
Your Social Security Number
The name, mailing address, and phone number of your last employer
The last day you worked
If you worked outside of State within the last 18 months, you will also need the names and dates worked for those employers