Q) MY employer cutting hours I work at a College so when school is in I will work 40 hours a week and in the summer I will work 30 hours a week am I eligible for unemployment when I only work 30 hours a week in the summer????
A) If you are partially employed, you may qualify for unemployment Insurance benefits.
Requirements for Unemployment Benefits
- Be totally or partially unemployed.
- Be unemployed through no fault of his/her own.
- Be physically able to work.
- Be available for work which means to be ready and willing to immediately accept work.
- Be actively looking for work.
- Meet eligibility requirements each week benefits are claimed.
- Be approved for training before training benefits can be paid.