Where can I apply for Family & Medical leave in Washington

A) In the state of Washington, employees can apply for Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) through the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (L&I). You will need to submit a request for leave, along with any necessary medical certifications, to your employer. Your employer will then forward the request to L&I, which will review the request and determine if you are eligible for leave.

You can find more information and the forms needed to apply for leave on L&I’s website: http://www.lni.wa.gov/leave/family-medical/

Please note that, in addition to the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Washington has also its own Family Leave Act (FLA) which provides for additional leave for certain circumstances, like bonding with a new child. You can find more information about this on the same website.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *