Want to change my withholding status from my social security check.

unemployed_personQ) i want to change my withholding status from my social security check. What is the address for mailing form W-4V?

A) The address for mailing Form W-4V is:

Social Security Administration

Office of Earnings and Benefits Processing

PO Box 17001

Baltimore, MD 21230-7001

You can also submit Form W-4V online at the Social Security Administration’s website: https://www.ssa.gov/forms/w-4v.pdf

According to the Social Security Administration: You can ask us to withhold federal taxes from your Social Security when you apply for benefits.

If you are already receiving benefits or if you want to change or stop your withholding, you’ll need a form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

You can download the form, or call the IRS toll-free number 1-800-829-3676 and ask for Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request. (If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call the IRS TTY number, 1-800-829-4059.)

When you complete the form, you will need to select the percentage of your monthly benefit amount you want withheld. You can have 7%, 10%, 15% or 25% of your monthly benefit withheld for taxes. http://www.ssa.gov/planners/taxwithold.html


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *