Bowling Green KY Unemployment Career Center Office
Kentucky Career Center
|803 Chestnut St., Bowling Green|
|Hours of Operation Monday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Tuesday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Thursday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Saturday closed Sunday closed|
The Bowling Green KY Unemployment Career Center Office is a resource for individuals who are seeking unemployment benefits or looking for new employment opportunities. The office is located at 803 Chestnut Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101.
At the Bowling Green KY Unemployment Career Center Office, individuals can receive assistance with filing for unemployment benefits, as well as guidance on job search strategies, resume writing, and interviewing skills. The office also offers workshops and training programs to help individuals improve their job readiness and increase their chances of finding employment.
To contact the Bowling Green KY Unemployment Career Center Office, individuals can call (270) 746-7425 or visit the office in person during its business hours, which are typically Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
How do I schedule an appointment to apply for KY Unemployment Benefits?
You can schedule an in-person or phone appointment at any Kentucky Career Center locations.
You will need to bring:
- Two forms ID
- A Photo ID in order to enter the building.
- Your claim may require additional paperwork.
What information do I need to File my KY Unemployment Insurance Claim?
To file your KY UI claim you will need:
- Your Social Security OR Alien Registration Number
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Complete Mailing Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Employer Information (For the last 18 months)
- Your past employer Name, Mailing Address, Phone Number and Dates of Employment
- The reason you are no longer with EACH employer
Other Information you may need to file your KY Unemployment Insurance benefit.
- For out of state employment you will need a List of states in which you worked.
- For Temporary Agency work you will need the Name and Address of Temporary Agency.
- For Federal Government work you will need the Agency Name; Component name; Copy of your Standard Form (SF8, SF50).
- For being in the US Military you will need a Copy of your DD214 Member 4.
- For skilled trade union work you will need the Name of your contractor.
How am I eligible to qualify for KY unemployment insurance benefits?
- You must be unemployed or underemployed through no fault of your own.
- You must be unemployed or working less than full-time.
- You must have earned enough money in KY Base Period to establish a valid claim.
- You must be able to work, available for work, and looking for work
- If not worked in Kentucky for last 18 months, you will need to apply in the state where you worked.
What is the Maximum KY unemployment insurance benefit I can claim?
- Kentucky UI benefits are paid weekly.
- Your benefit amount calculation is 1.1923% of your base period wages.
- The Base Period is a one-year period made up of four (4) calendar quarters.
- The the minimum rate is $39 per week and the maximum benefit amount is $569 per week.
- You may receive up to 26 weeks of UI benefits during a calendar year.
- Benefits are requested every 2 weeks.
How Can I Get My KY Unemployment insurance benefit payments?
Your UI benefit payments can be made through:
- Direct Deposit to your Bank
- OR through a UI Debit Card.
Where do I file my KY unemployment insurance benefit claim?
- You can file your claim online at KCC.KY.GOV
- You can file by phone by calling 502-875-0442 or call Toll Free at 800-648-6057
Does Kentucky help me to find jobs while on unemployment benefits?
Yes! you can get employment assistance by logging on to Kentucky Career Center – Citizen Connect.
You can get job assistance in:
- Building your resume.
- Find a new job.
- Customize your job alerts.
- Explore your career pathway.
Kentucky Unemployment Insurance Call Center
Phone: (502) 564-2900
Hours: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM E.S.T.
“Schedule an Appointment” link.
Please visit your state Unemployment Insurance website and contact your account service representative for assistance on completing your application for benefits.