I reopen my claim after 6 months of unemployment, have not received a response
July 29, 2014
Q) I have had to reopen my claim after 6 months of unemployment and I have not received a response from EDD, I have tried to call but never can get through. What can I do?
A) I understand that you are having trouble reopening your unemployment claim with EDD. I have a few suggestions that may help you get through to someone:
- Try calling during off-peak hours. EDD is typically busiest during the morning and early afternoon hours. If you call during the evening or on weekends, you may have a better chance of getting through to someone.
- Try calling from a different phone number. Sometimes, EDD’s call volume is so high that they will only put through calls from certain phone numbers. If you are not able to get through on your cell phone, try calling from a landline or a friend’s phone.
- Try using the EDD chat feature. EDD has a live chat feature that is available on their website. This is a good option if you are unable to get through on the phone.
- Try emailing EDD. EDD has an email address that you can use to contact them. However, it may take several days to get a response.
- Try visiting an EDD office in person. If you are unable to get through on the phone or online, you can try visiting an EDD office in person. This is the best option if you need to speak to someone immediately.
I hope these suggestions help you get through to EDD and reopen your unemployment claim.
Seeing that you have already called your local unemployment office and was not able to speak to someone live, I would recommend that you Visit your local unemployment office and speak with a counselor regarding reopening your claim.
I am trying to file for unemployment benefits. But an error keeps coming up.
Please call your local unemployment office for assistance.