Winfield KS Unemployment Career Center Office
Where is the Winfield KS Unemployment Career Center Office located?
COWLEY WORKFORCE CENTER
108 East 12th Street
Winfield, KS 67156
Affiliate One Stops
Winfield KS Unemployment Career Center Office – CareerOneStop provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How soon should I file for Kansas unemployment insurance benefits?
- You should file for your UI benefits as soon as you become unemployed
- If you wait, you may not receive benefits for the period you wait.
What is the best way to file for Kansas Unemployment insurance benefits?
- The best way to file for your Kansas UI benefits is online or by phone?
What information do I need to file for Kansas unemployment Insurance benefits?
The information needed to file your KS UI benefits includes:
- Your Social Security number
- You mailing address and PO Box if you use one
- Your phone number
- Your last employer name and mailing from last paystub.
- The date you began and stopped working for the last 18 months
- Your county information
- Your driver’s license number
- For non citizens – your employment authorization number and expiration date.
- If active duty military within the past 18 months, your DD-214, Member #4 form
- If federal employee, your Standard Form SF-50 or pay stub
- Information on separation or vacation pay, you will receive in the future.
What is the maximum Unemployment Benefit I can Get in Kansas
- Your Kansas UI benefit amount can range between $125 to $503 per week.
- You can get from 16 to 26 weeks of Kansas UI benefits.
- Your benefit amount will be states in your monetary determination letter.
What happens after I file for my KS unemployment benefits?
After you file your claim you will receive an “Unemployment Insurance Monetary Determination” letter which includes:
- The start date of your claim
- The amount of wages reported by each employer
- Your base period
- Your weekly benefit amount
- Your total benefit amount
When do I file my weekly claim for KS unemployment benefits?
- To file your weekly claim visit GetKansasBenefits.gov and click on FILE A WEEKLY CLAIM.
- You file your weekly claim on Sunday afternoon or evening or Monday before 7 p.m.
- Your calendar week for UI benefits runs from midnight Sunday to midnight the following Saturday.
- You must file each week to get your weekly payments.
- If you do not file within 14 days your claim will become inactive
How do I get paid for my KS Unemployment benefits?
- You will get paid on a debit Master Card which will be post mailed to you.
- You must file your weekly claim for UI payments.
- Payments will be made only if all your eligibility requirements are met.
- Your claim will become inactive if you have not filed a weekly claim in 14 days.
How soon will my KS Unemployment Benefit Payment start after filing?
- You will normally receive your UI benefit after 3 business days, after you file your weekly claim.
- You must file a weekly claim for your benefit payment for each week.
- Your benefits may be delayed because of holidays or if their is an investigation.
- You must file your weekly claim if being investigated.
How can I find out if my Kansas UI benefit payment has been issued?
- You can obtain the status of your claim clicking the CHECK YOUR CLAIM STATUS on your online account.
- You can also call you local Unemployment Contact Center to check your claim status.
- If your benefit has not been issued the system will tell you the reason.
How can I access KS online unemployment benefits system?
- You can access KS unemployment benefits system by visiting GetKansasBenefits.gov
- Select the Get Started Here option at the top of the page.
What can I do on www.getkansasbenefits.gov?
- File your application for unemployment insurance benefits.
- File your weekly claim for benefits
- Check your payment information
- Check the status of your claim
- Update your personal information
- Reset your PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Review the Unemployment Insurance Desk Guide
- View resources on unemployment insurance benefits
Can I file an appeal if I am denied KS Unemployment Benefits?
- Yes! If you disagree with your Notice of Determination you can file an Appeal
- You must file your appeal with the Kansas Department of Labor within 16 days of the post mail date of your determination letter.
- Your appeal rights and filing an appeal info are explained on the back of your Notice of Determination letter.
- Write your letter asking for an appeal and submit it to the KS Office of Appeals.
- Your appeal letter must include your name, last four digits of your SS number, your address, phone number, and the determination you are appealing.
- After you request an appeal and your appeal scheduled, you will receive a Notice of Telephone Hearing.
Mail Your Appeal to
Office of Appeals
401 SW Topeka Blvd, 2nd Floor
Topeka, KS 66603-3182
Phone: (785) 296-1800
FAX: (785) 291-6086
How do I contact Kansas Department Of Labor?
Contact Center Mailing Address
P.O. Box 3539
Topeka, KS 66601-3539
Unemployment Contact Center Locations
- Kansas City: 913-596-3500
- Topeka: 785-575-1460
- Wichita: 316-383-9947
- Toll-Free: 800-292-6333