Jamestown TN Unemployment Career Center Office
American Job Center – Jamestown
209 S Main St,
Jamestown, TN 38556
Phone: (931)879-8040 Ext:
Days/Hours of operation:
Monday- Friday 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.
Find Job Openings
Get Resume Assistance
Access Hiring Events
Access Virtual Recruiter
Job Trainings and Tutorials
Jamestown TN Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify for Tennessee UI benefits?
To qualify for TN UI benefits you must:
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own,
- Have qualifying wages in the past 18 months,
- Be able and available to work.
What information do I need to apply for TN UI benefits?
To apply for TN UI benefits you must provide your:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License Number
- Current Address
- Telephone Number
- Valid email address
- Last 18 months of Employment information
- Your Last Day of Work
- Reason for Separation
- Separating Employer Information
How do I apply for UI benefits in Tennessee?
The easiest way to apply for your TN UI benefits is to apply online
What is the Maximum UI benefit I can receive in TN?
- You may receive up to $275 per week in UI benefit payments.
- You may receive benefits up to a maximum of 26 weeks.
What do I do after applying for TN UI benefits?
After applying for your UI benefits you need to:
- Expect your Monetary Determination Letter
- Start looking for work
- Certify each week for benefits
- Record 3 work searches during your weekly certification
- Monitor the progress claim on Jobs4TN
- Expect your Debit Card in the mail (within two weeks) if selected as your payment method.
How soon will I start getting TN UI benefits after filing?
- Once approved, the first week will serve as a waiting week.
- You must certify each week following to get payment for every week claimed.
- It generally takes 2 to 3 weeks before you start receiving your UI benefits.
- On the fourth week, you will receive a double payment which includes your waiting week.
What services are available to help me find a job in TN while on UI benefits?
jobs4tn.gov has many local many local job centers which provides assistance and training to prepare you for the job market. Services provided includes:
- Online Job Search Portal
- Resume Assistance
- Hiring Events
- Virtual Recruiter
- Explore Careers
- Job Trainings and Tutorials
How do I contact TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development?
TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development
220 French Landing Drive
Nashville, Tennessee 37243
Phone: (844) 224-5818