Rapid City SD Unemployment Career Center Office
|Rapid City, SD Job Service Office|
2330 N Maple Ave. Suite 1
Rapid City, SD 57701-7898
Get directions to our office using Google Maps.
Internet Access Computers
Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines
Job Search Tools
Assist with applications, resumes,
Cover letters and interview preparation
Identify career interests
Locate training opportunities
Rapid City SD Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify for South Dakota “Re Employment Assistance” program?
To qualify for SD UI Benefit you must:
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own
- Provide work separation information
- Have had your work hours reduced
- And need assistance not based on financial need
- Your eligibility is based on the wages you have earned.
- Be able and available to accept full-time work
- Return to the workforce as soon as you can
How can I file my claim for UI benefits in SD
You can file your claim:
- Online on SD Re Employment Assistance website
- Or by calling the Claims Call Center at 605.626.3179
What is the maximum UI benefit I can get in SD?
- Your weekly benefit amounts can range from $28 to a maximum of $487 per week.
- Your eligibility requires a minimum amount of earnings in a “base period”
- You can receive UI benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks.
How will I receive my SD UI benefit payments?
- You may choose Direct Deposit
- Or payments on a Way2Go Debit Mastercard (Customer Service at 1.844.893.3123)
I filed my claim for SD Unemployment Assistance, what do I do next?
After filing you claim you need to:
- File your weekly requests for payment
- register with the Department of Labor and Regulation through SDWORKS
- Be able to work and be willing to accept suitable work
- Make a reasonable effort to find and apply for work
- Attend all DLR scheduled programs and services
- Report all work earnings while receiving benefits
- Reported work search contacts verified with employers.
When will I receive my first South Dakota UI benefit payment?
- Expect first payment three to four weeks after applying for benefits.
- You will only receive payment if all eligibility requirements are met.
- You will not receive benefits if you are disqualified.
- You will receive a notice in the mail.
What if I disagree with my UI monetary determination or disqualification?
If you disagree with the determination, you can:
- Call Customer Service at 605.626.2452
- Request a Re-Determination
- Provide proof of your wages (paycheck stubs or W-2 forms)
- Continue to file your weekly request for payments
What services are available to help me find a job in South Dakota while on UI benefits?
South Dakota has many local Job Service Offices that provide services to help you find a job. Services provided includes:
- Computers with Internet access and printers
- Copiers and fax machines
- Local and long-distance calling
- Job search workshop
- Job Fairs
- Skype for interviews
- Help to Identify career interests
- Locate training opportunities
- Get help with applications, resumes, cover letters and interview preparation
- Develop job leads and identify networking prospects
- Provide resources for financial literacy and credit information
How can I contact SD Employment Assistance if I have questions about my UI benefit Claim?
You can call the Customer Service Center at 605.626.2452, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central Time)
Reemployment Assistance Division — Benefits
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
P.O. Box 4730
Aberdeen, SD 57402-4730