Britton SD Itinerant Job Service Office

Britton SD Itinerant Job Service Office
Marshall County Community Hall
By appointment only
Phone: 605.626.2340
Internet Access Computers
Printers, Copiers and Fax Machines
Job Search Tools
Assist with applications, resumes,
Cover letters and interview preparation
Identify career interests
Locate training opportunities

How do I qualify for South Dakota “Re Employment Assistance” program?

To qualify for SD UI Benefit you must: 

  • Have lost your job through no fault of your own 
  • Provide work separation information
  • Have had your work hours reduced
  • And need assistance not based on financial need
  • Your eligibility is based on the wages you have earned.
  • Be able and available to accept full-time work
  • Return to the workforce as soon as you can 

How can I file my claim for UI benefits in SD

You can file your claim: 

  • Online on SD Re Employment Assistance website
  • Or by calling the Claims Call Center at 605.626.3179

What is the maximum UI benefit I can get in SD?

  • Your weekly benefit amounts can range from $28 to a maximum of $487 per week. 
  • Your eligibility requires a minimum amount of earnings in a “base period”
  • You can receive UI benefits for a maximum of 26 weeks.

How will I receive my SD UI benefit payments?

  • You may choose Direct Deposit
  • Or payments on a Way2Go Debit Mastercard (Customer Service at 1.844.893.3123)

I filed my claim for SD Unemployment Assistance, what do I do next?

After filing you claim you need to:

  • File your weekly requests for payment
  • register with the Department of Labor and Regulation through SDWORKS
  • Be able to work and be willing to accept suitable work
  • Make a reasonable effort to find and apply for work
  • Attend all DLR scheduled programs and services
  • Report all work earnings while receiving benefits
  • Reported work search contacts verified with employers.

When will I receive my first South Dakota UI benefit payment?

  • Expect first payment three to four weeks after applying for benefits.
  • You will only receive payment if all eligibility requirements are met.
  • You will not receive benefits if you are disqualified.
  • You will receive a notice in the mail.

What if I disagree with my UI monetary determination or disqualification?

If you disagree with the determination, you can:

  • Call Customer Service at 605.626.2452
  • Request a Re-Determination
  • Provide proof of your wages (paycheck stubs or W-2 forms)
  • Continue to file your weekly request for payments

What services are available to help me find a job in South Dakota while on UI benefits?

South Dakota has many local Job Service Offices that provide services to help you find a job. Services provided includes:

  • Computers with Internet access and printers
  • Copiers and fax machines
  • Local and long-distance calling
  • Job search workshop
  • Job Fairs
  • Skype for interviews
  • Help to Identify career interests
  • Locate training opportunities
  • Get help with applications, resumes, cover letters and interview preparation
  • Develop job leads and identify networking prospects
  • Provide resources for financial literacy and credit information

How can I contact SD Employment Assistance if I have questions about my UI benefit Claim?

You can call the Customer Service Center at 605.626.2452, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central Time)

Reemployment Assistance Division — Benefits
South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
P.O. Box 4730
Aberdeen, SD  57402-4730
Phone:  605.626.2452
Fax:  605.626.3172

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *