Bishopville SC Unemployment Career Center Office
|Bishopville SC Works Center|
Lee County Library
200 N. Main Street
Bishopville, SC 29010
1st Thursday 9 a.m.- 4 p.m., 3rd and 5th Thursday 1 p.m.- 4 p.m.
Phone: (803) 432-5153
Access to Computers
Testing and training
Bishopville SC Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How do I qualify for UI benefits in South Carolina?
To qualify for SC UI benefits you must be:
- Unemployed through no fault of your own
- Or your work hours have been reduced
- Able to work and willing to accept suitable work
- Actively searching for work while getting UI benefits
- Report all earned income during your claim week.
- Complete at least two weekly job searches on SC Works portal
What is the Maximum Unemployment Insurance benefit I can get in SC?
- The minimum UI benefit you can get in SC is $42 a week with a maximum of $326 per week.
- The maximum weeks you can receive SC UI benefits is 20 weeks.
- If you exhaust your maximum benefits, you must wait until the end of the benefit year to file a new claim.
What information do I need to file my UI benefit in SC?
To file for SC UI benefits you will need:
- Your Social Security number.
- Your work history for the past 18 months with salary and employer information
- For non-U.S. citizen, your alien registration number and documentation.
- For military service in the past 18 months, DD-214 Form (Member 4 copy).
- For federal civilian employee, SF-50 (PDF) or SF-8 (PDF) Form.
How do I file my South Carolina UI benefit claim?
- The easiest way to file your SC UI benefit claim is to file online
- You can also call 1-866-831-1724 | Relay 711 for assistance.
What services are available to help me find a job in SC while on UI benefits?
SC Works has many local job source career centers that will prepare you for the job market. Services such as:
- Access to Computers to do job search
- Local Career Counceller’s
- Job referral services
- Resume-writing assistance
- Testing and job training programs
How do I file an appeal if I am denied UI benefits in SC?
- You can file an appeal by completing a Notice of Appeal to the Appeal Tribunal Form
- Or write an appeal letter detailing your disagreement of the determination.
- Your appeal must be filed within 10 calendar days of the mailing date of the determination
How do I contact South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce
SC Department of Employment and Workforce
1550 Gadsden Street
P.O. Box 995
Columbia, SC 29202
Phone: 1-866-831-1724 | Relay 711