Detroit Lakes MN Unemployment Career Center Office
|CareerForce in Detroit Lakes|
803 Roosevelt Avenue
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Phone: Main 218-846-7377
Monday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Library CareerForce Corner in Detroit Lakes
1000 Washington Ave.,
Detroit Lakes , MN 56501
Detroit Lakes MN Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How can I apply for MN unemployment insurance benefits?
You can apply for your UI Benefits online or by phone:
- Apply for benefits Online at www.uimn.org
- Apply By phone by calling
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090 (Toll Free)
- TTY (for the deaf and hard of hearing): 1-866-814-1252
Self-Service System available online or by phone Sunday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m
What are the qualifying requirements for getting MN unemployment insurance benefits?
To qualify for MN UI benefits you must be:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Have sufficient earnings in your base period
- Be unemployed, or working reduced hours, through no fault of your own
- Actively seeking suitable employment each week
- Be able and willing to begin suitable work when offered.
What is the Maximum UI benefit I can get In Minnesota?
- The maximum UI benefit you can get in MN is $740 per week; depending on how much you made while previously working.
- Minnesota law limits most UI benefit applicants to 26 weeks of benefits.
What do I need to do when I return to work while getting UI benefits in MN?
- Stop requesting benefit payments if you are hired full time
- If you start work in the middle of a week, report your hours and earnings for the week.
- Keep your password and unemployment debit card safe in case you need to start requesting benefits again.
- Keep the address on your account up-to-date for at least four years if you get audited.
What help can I get finding a job while getting MN UI Benefits?
MN CareerForce will assist you with:
- Staying connected to work after an illness or injury
- Help before, during and after layoffs
- Getting on a rewarding path to career success
- Veterans Employment Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Programs
- Help Jump-starting your first or next career
- Increase your talent connection support
- Widen your career support circle
How do I contact Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development?
Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
Teletypewriter (TTY) users: 1-866-814-1252
Customer service Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
Mailing address and fax
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629
Questions about your appeal – call 651-296-3745
(no appeals are accepted by phone – File an Appeal)
TTY-Teletypewriter for the deaf and hard of hearing: