Austin MN Unemployment Career Center Office
|CareerForce in Austin|
1600 8th Ave NW
Austin, MN 55912
Vocational Rehabilitation Services in Austin
Monday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday:8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Austin MN Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
How can I apply for MN unemployment insurance benefits?
You can apply for your UI Benefits online or by phone:
- Apply for benefits Online at www.uimn.org
- Apply By phone by calling
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090 (Toll Free)
- TTY (for the deaf and hard of hearing): 1-866-814-1252
Self-Service System available online or by phone Sunday – Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m
What are the qualifying requirements for getting MN unemployment insurance benefits?
To qualify for MN UI benefits you must be:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Have sufficient earnings in your base period
- Be unemployed, or working reduced hours, through no fault of your own
- Actively seeking suitable employment each week
- Be able and willing to begin suitable work when offered.
What is the Maximum UI benefit I can get In Minnesota?
- The maximum UI benefit you can get in MN is $740 per week; depending on how much you made while previously working.
- Minnesota law limits most UI benefit applicants to 26 weeks of benefits.
What do I need to do when I return to work while getting UI benefits in MN?
- Stop requesting benefit payments if you are hired full time
- If you start work in the middle of a week, report your hours and earnings for the week.
- Keep your password and unemployment debit card safe in case you need to start requesting benefits again.
- Keep the address on your account up-to-date for at least four years if you get audited.
What help can I get finding a job while getting MN UI Benefits?
MN CareerForce will assist you with:
- Staying connected to work after an illness or injury
- Help before, during and after layoffs
- Getting on a rewarding path to career success
- Veterans Employment Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services and Programs
- Help Jump-starting your first or next career
- Increase your talent connection support
- Widen your career support circle
How do I contact Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development?
Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
Teletypewriter (TTY) users: 1-866-814-1252
Customer service Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except on holidays.
Mailing address and fax
UI Customer Service
P.O. Box 4629
St. Paul, MN 55101-4629
Questions about your appeal – call 651-296-3745
(no appeals are accepted by phone – File an Appeal)
TTY-Teletypewriter for the deaf and hard of hearing: 1-86