Michigan Works! Capital Area Service Center – Eaton County
945 Reynolds Road
Charlotte, MI 48813
phn: (517) 816-6980
Comprehensive One-Stop Career Centers
Charlotte MI Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
What are the eligibility requirements to get MI Unemployment Insurance benefits?
To be eligible, for MI unemployment insurance benefits, you must be:
How do I apply for unemployment Insurance Benefits in Michigan?
To apply for MI Unemployment Insurance benefits you can:
What happens next after I apply for MI unemployment insurance benefits?
After you apply for benefits you need to:
- Register creating you job seeker profile at MiTalent.org
- Have a virtually or in person meeting with staff at you local Michigan Works! Service Center.
- Start certifying your eligibility for benefits every two weeks to receive payment.
- Start looking for work and report at least one job search weekly during your bi-weekly certification.
- Look out for information request from Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) or Michigan Works.
- Sign up for direct deposit or a debit card to quickly receive your benefits.
- Read the Handbook or Fact Sheet on UI Benefits in Michigan to learn about the requirements.
What Information do I need to file for Unemployment Insurance Benefits in MI?
To file your claim you will need:
- Your social security card
- Your Drivers License ID number or MARVIN Pin (if you got one).
- Past 18 months employer information with quarterly gross earnings.
- The last dates of your employments and employer in the past 18 months.
- Your most recent employers federal ID number (listed on your recent paystub).
- If you are a non Citizen, your Alien Registration Card and expiration date of your Work Permit.
What is the Maximum UI benefits I can get in Michigan?
- The maximum weekly UI benefit amount you can receive is $362 per week.
- MI UIA will consider wages you have earned over the last 18 months to determine your weekly benefit amount.
- You can only get 20 weeks of unemployment benefits in a benefit year.
- The number of benefit weeks you get will depend on your total base period wages.
What Job Search Assistance can I get in MI while on UI benefits?
MichiganWorks will provide you support such as:
- Training, support and services that will help you get back to work.
- Obtain needed credentials to better qualify you for work.
- Access to professional development opportunities.
How do I contact contact MitchiganWorks?
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency Address
Cadillac Place 3024 West Grand Boulevard Detroit MI 48202