Boston MA Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
Boston MA Unemployment Career Center Office
|MassHire Boston Career Center|
1010 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02119
Phone (617) 541-1400
Fax (617) 427-8657
Hearing-impaired (617) 442-3610
|MassHire Downtown Boston Career Center|
75 Federal Street, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Phone (617) 399-3100
Fax (617) 451-9973
tty 711 or (800) 439-0183
What do I need to apply for MA unemployment insurance benefits?
To apply for MA Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits, you need:
- Your Social Security number, birth date, home address, email address (optional), and phone number.
- Names of all your employers, plus their addresses and phone numbers.
- The reasons you left your jobs.
- Your work start and end dates.
- Any recall date if you were laid off but have a set date to return to work.
- If not a U.S. citizen; your Alien Registration number.
- If you have children; their birth dates and Social Security numbers.
- Your union name and local number if in a union.
- If you were in the military; your DD-214 Member 4 form.
- If you worked for the federal government — your SF8 form (optional).
What are the next steps after applying for MA unemployment Insurance benefits?
- You must request weekly benefits every week
- You must look for at leas 3 jobs each week documenting on you Work Search Activity Log.
- The MA Department of Unemployment Assistance will review and confirm the details in your application.
- DUA will send you a Monetary Determination which states if you have been approved for (UI) benefits.
- If approved you will receive your benefit payment according to the payment option you selected; debit card or direct deposit.
- It take a few weeks to process your claim. You should request your weekly benefits as you wait.
How do I apply for MA unemployment insurance benefits?
You can apply for UI benefits with MA Department of Unemployment Assistance by:
- Creating an account on the UI Online Portal and apply
- OR call the TeleClaim Center at (877) 626-6800, Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm.
What is the Maximum UI benefit amount I can receive in Massachusetts?
- As of October 3 2021, the maximum benefit you can receive in MA is $974 per week.
- The maximum weeks you can receive regular UI benefits is 30 weeks during your benefit year.
- Your “benefit year” is 52 weeks after the effective date of your UI claim.
Can I file an appeal if a disagree with MA Monetary Determination regarding my claim.
Yes! You can file an appeal within 10 calendar days of the mailing date on your notice of determination.
- You can log in to your UI Online account and file an appeal.
- Or you can complete a written appeal postmarked no later than the 10th day of your mailing date.
- If your claim is approved, your former employer has the right to appeal the decision.
- If your former employer files an appeal, the DUA will schedule a hearing and will notify you.
Does MA provide assistance in getting me a job while on UI benefits?
Yes! MassHire Career Center System has a network of Career Centers which provides:
- Job search assistance
- Basic computer training.
- Career planning information services.
- Workshops on job search techniques.
- Tools to help you conduct effective job searching.
- Interviewing, networking, and resume writing services.
- Connect with hiring employers through job fairs job listings, and referrals.
- Internet access, telephones, fax machines, and copiers are available for your use.
- Referral to vocational training or study programs that will increase your chances of becoming re-employed.
How do I Contact MassHire Department of Career Services?
Phone: Call MassHire Department of Career Services contact information at(617) 626-5300
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
How can I contact MA Department of Unemployment Assistance
Address: 19 Staniford St, Boston, MA 02114
Phone: Call Center Call Department of Unemployment Assistance, Call Center at(877) 626-6800
Call Center Hours: Open 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday. Multilingual call agents are available.
Payment Status Line: (617) 626-6563
Hearing Impaired Voice Relay: 711
Fraud line: (877) 626-6800