East Jefferson American Job Center – Jefferson Parish
1801 Airline Drive, Suite F
Metairie, LA 70001
Phone: (504)838-5678 Ext:
Metairie Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How do I qualify for Louisiana Unemployment Insurance Benefit?
- You must have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- OR your work hours MUST have been reduced.
- You must be available for full-time work.
- If you are offered a job you must be able to accept.
- You must contact at least THREE different employers about job openings EACH week.
What is the Maximum amount of LA Unemployment Benefit I can receive.
- You can receive at least $10 and no more than $275 each week in LA unemployment insurance benefits.
- Your weekly benefit amount is calculated based taking 1/25th of the average of your total covered employment wages in the LA base period.
How do I file a claim for Unemployment insurance Benefits in Louisiana?
To file your claim for Louisiana UI Benefits please visit Louisiana Works Commission Department Of Labor website and start your online claim.
- File Your Unemployment Claim
- File for your weekly benefits
- Select debit a card or other payment method
- You can Register for Work
- You can Re-open Existing Unemployment Claim
- You can Change your Unemployment Payment Method
What must I do to continue getting my LA Unemployment Benefits without interruption?
- You must request your UI benefit payments each week either by phone at
866-783-5567 or online through HiRE
- You must file your first payment on Sunday immediately following the date you filed your
- You must continue to file each week for as long as you are unemployed.
- The deadline to claim your weekly benefits is Fridays at 4:00 p.m., Central Time.
- If you begin work, you must report ANY earnings for the week you worked.
- If you start earning more than what you receive in benefits each week, you must
- You must repay any overpayment of your LA unemployment benefits.
- You must be actively looking for work while getting Louisiana UI Benefits.
- Your must contact at least three different employers each week.
- You must keep a record of your work searches including employer information.
- Sometimes you may be required to report to your nearest American Job Center for an eligibility review.
- If your claim becomes inactive, you must go online and reactivate it to continue filing for benefits.
Do I need to Verify my ID in order to claim Unemployment Benefits in Louisiana?
- Yes! Louisiana Workforce Commission will certify your ID with identity verification provider ID.me
- When filing your claim you will be redirected to ID.me’s website to create an account to verify your identity.
- The ID verification process will only take five minutes to complete.
What is Louisiana Base Period?
- The Base Period is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters.
- The Base Period immediately precede the first day of an individual’s benefit year.
Can I file an Appeal if I disagree with the LA unemployment benefits Agency’s decision?
Yes! You can file your appeal by:
How can I get information on Louisiana job fair events?
You can view Louisiana Online Job Far Events Calendar for information on upcoming job fairs.
What number do I call if I have questions about my LA Unemployment Insurance benefit claim?
For Your Unemployment Insurance Benefit information
Phone: 1-866-783-5567 Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- If your SSN ends with 0000-2499, your designated call-in day will be Mondays.
- SSNs ending with 2500-4999 should call on Tuesdays.
- SSNs ending with 5000-7499 have Wednesdays as the designated call-in day.
- SSNs ending with 7500-9999 should call on Thursdays.
- Fridays have been designated as open to anyone needing assistance.