Where is Columbus IN Unemployment Career Center Office located?
4555 Central Avenue
Columbus, IN 47203
Comprehensive One-Stop Career Centers
Columbus IN Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
What information do I need to file for unemployment benefits in Indiana?
To file for you IN unemployment benefits you will need:
- A personal email account.
- Your driver’s license or valid ID,
- Your legal address,
- Your Social Security number, date of birth and phone number.
- Your Last employer’s name, mailing address, phone number,
- Dates of employment and reason you separated from your job.
- Bank routing number and account number if choosing direct deposit.
What is the Maximum unemployment benefit I can receive in Indiana?
- The maximum weekly benefit you can receive is $390.
- The Maximum amount of weeks you can receive UI benefits in Indiana is 26 weeks.
- Your Monetary Determination letter received 10 days after filing will determine your benefit amount if approved.
How often will I get my IN unemployment benefits?
- Your UI Benefits are paid weekly.
- Your benefit week runs from Sunday, 12:00 a.m. to Saturday, 8:59 p.m. EST.
- Your vouchers will cover previous week and may be filed on Sundays.
- You need to file you weekly voucher even if your benefits are delayed.
- You should file for benefits while appealing; once a approved your payments will be released.
- You need to report any income earned during the week as, you may be subject to fraud.
- You must complete and keep a weekly record of your Work Search activity.
How long will it take for me to start getting IN Unemployment Benefits after filing?
- A decision on your eligibility will be determined mostly within 21 business days.
- If your claim application needs additional information it could take longer.
- If their are issues with your claim, the Indiana Department Of Workforce Development will do a review and contact you or your employer, potentially delaying your claim.
- If there are no issues with your claim you should get your first payment within 3 weeks.
How do I file for IN unemployment benefits?
- To file for your UI benefits in Indiana visit the Indiana Department of Workforce Development Claimant Self Service Website and fill out your application.
Does Indiana help me to find a job while on UI benefits?
Yes! You can visit the Indiana Career Connect website and search for jobs
- You can post your resume for employers.
- You can explore new careers.
- You can get help creating your resume.
- You can get information on education and training centers.
Indiana Unemployment Benefit Call Center Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Indiana Department of Workforce Development
Indiana Government Center
South 10 North Senate Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46204