A) I understand that you are having trouble filing for unemployment benefits in Louisiana. I am happy to help you one on one.
Here are the steps on how to file for unemployment benefits in Louisiana:
- Go to the Louisiana Workforce Commission website: https://www.laworks.net/
- Click on the “Unemployment Insurance” tab.
- Click on the “File a Claim” button.
- You will need to create an account or sign in to your existing account.
- Follow the instructions to file your claim.
Here are some of the information you will need to provide:
- Your name, address, and Social Security number
- The name and address of your former employer
- The reason for your separation from employment
- Your weekly earnings
- Your work search activities
If you are having trouble entering the information, you can call the Louisiana Workforce Commission at 1-866-783-5567. You can also visit one of their local offices.
I am available to help you one on one if you need it. Just let me know what time works best for you.
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful:
- Unemployment Insurance FAQ: https://www.laworks.net/faqs/faq_ui_claimantbenefits.asp
- How to File a Claim for Unemployment Benefits in Louisiana: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/collecting-unemployment-benefits-louisiana.html
- Louisiana Workforce Commission: https://www.laworks.net/
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.