CareerSource Northeast Florida
5000 Norwood Avenue
Jacksonville, FL, 32208
Phone: (904) 356-5627
Fax: (904) 924-1725
Jacksonville FL Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How Do I Qualify For Florida Unemployment Benefits?
To qualify for Florida unemployment benefits, you must:
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- You must be totally or partially unemployed.
- You must have earned at least $3,400 before taxes in what is called the “base period,”.
- You must be able to work, available to work, and actively seeking work.
- Even if you or your employer don’t think you qualify, you should always apply.
What is Florida Base Period?
- Florida “base period,” refers to the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim.
What Information Do I Need To File For My Unemployment Benefits In Florida?
To file for your FL UI Benefits you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Your Driver’s license or State ID number
- Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer:
- Employer Name, address, and phone number
- Your first and last day of work
- Your gross earnings before taxes are taken out
- The reason for your separation
- Your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
What is the Maximum Unemployment Benefit I Can Get In Florida?
The State of Florida will determine your benefit amount but you can get a maximum of $275 per week for 12 weeks. You are entitled to a maximum benefit amount of $3,300.
How Do I File My Claim For Florida Unemployment Benefits?
You can file your FL Unemployment Benefits Claim Online through the Florida Department Of Economic Opportunity website:
- You need to set up your PIN while filing so you can log into the CONNECT system and claim your benefits.
- Your PIN must be four digits long
- Make your PIN easy to remember
Can I Get Help While Filing My Florida Unemployment Benefit Claim Online?
- Yes! If you need assistance because you are disabled, have legal problems, computer issues or language problems you should call 1-800
|Gateway Jacksonville WorkSource Career Services
5000-2 Norwood Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32208