Been off 18 mo had 3 surgeries 30 years working no monies…..

Unemployment-QuestionQ) Been off 18 mo had 3 surgeries 30 years working no monies filed for disabled workman’s compensation claim not pay no insurance cant hardly walk what now

A) If you are unable to work due to your disabilities, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. These are federal programs that provide financial assistance to people who have disabilities that prevent them from working.

To apply for SSDI or SSI, you can visit your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office or apply online at You will need to provide documentation of your medical condition and work history to determine your eligibility.

In addition, you may want to consider seeking the advice of an attorney or a disability advocate who can assist you in navigating the application process and advocating for your rights. There may also be state and local resources available to assist you, such as vocational rehabilitation services or disability advocacy organizations.

It’s important to keep in mind that the process of applying for disability benefits can be complex and time-consuming. However, if you are unable to work and have a disability, it’s important to explore all of the options available to you to ensure that you receive the financial support and assistance that you need.

The Social Security Administration has an online service that allows you to check the status of your completed disability application. You need to allow 5 days from the date you originally filed application before you use this service.

Please visit this link:

to follow up on your application for benefits.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *