Plainfield NJ Unemployment Career Center Office
|Union County One Stop Career Center|
200 West Second Street
Plainfield, New Jersey 07060
Phone: (908) 791-7000
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
All services by appointment only.
Career resource room
Meeting rooms (not public)
Jobseekers interview room
Plainfield NJ Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
What help can I get in NJ to find a job while on UI benefits?
New Jersey One Stop Career Centers will help you find a job by providing services such as:
- Career Navigation Assistance / Counseling
- Jersey Job Club workshops
- ESL classes
- Job training services
- HSE preparation
- Re-employment orientation
- Interviewing assistance
- Resume assistance
- Tuition waiver
What are the eligibility requirements to get Unemployment Insurance benefits in NJ?
To get UI benefits in NJ you must be:
- Able to work
- Actively seeking work
- Available for work, and
- Not refuse an offer of suitable work
- You must also keep your appointments with NJ DUI
What information do I need to file for my unemployment insurance benefit in NJ?
To file for your UI benefits in NJ you will need:
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a US citizen).
- Your NJ driver’s license or NJ non-driver identification number
- Pension information (if you are receiving any pension or 401k)
- Amount and duration of any separation pay you may be receiving
- Recall date (if you expect to be recalled to your job)
- Union hiring hall information, including local number and address (if you get work through a union)
- Military Form DD-214 (if you were in the military in the last 18 months)
- Form SF-8 or SF-50 (if you were a federal employee)
- Your bank account number and routing number (if you plan to get your benefits through direct deposit)
- Complete name and address of employer
- Employer’s telephone number
- Your occupation with that employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment
- Reason for separation
How do I apply for UI benefits in New Jersey?
The easiest way to apply is online for your Unemployment Insurance benefits, you’ll need to create an account on NJDOL website.
What is the Maximum UI benefits I can get in NJ?
- The Maximum UI benefit you can get in NJ as of 2022 is $804 per week.
- The maximum amount of weeks you can get benefits is 26 weeks.
What do I do next after applying for my UI benefits?
Your next step is to:
What do I do if I am denied UI benefits in NJ?
- If you disagree with your determination letter you have the right to file an appeal.
- Your appeal rights will be printed on your determination letter.
- You can register for your appeal online
- Make sure you read the instructions on your hearing notice.
- You are required to call the telephone number on the hearing notice.
How do I contact New Jersey Department Of Labor?
To file a New Claim by Phone:
North New Jersey: 201-601-4100
Central New Jersey: 732-761-2020
South New Jersey: 856-507-2340
Out-of-state claims: 888-795-6672
New Jersey Relay: 7-1-1
To Submit A Request by mail:
Division of Unemployment Insurance, Customer Service Office
New Jersey Department of Labor
PO Box 058
Trenton, NJ 08625-0058