IDES Workforce Office American Job Center
200 Outlet Ave.
Mt. Vernon IL 62864
Phone: (217) 558-0401 or (618) 242-7328 TTY
Fax:(618) 244-6843 Fax
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Serving County: Jefferson
Mt. Vernon IL Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews
How do I qualify for Unemployment Benefits in IL?
- You must have earned enough money in the past 18 months for the state of Illinois to establish your weekly benefit amount.
- You must have an acceptable reason for your work separation.
What do I need to do to get unemployment Benefits in IL
- You must report your reason for your separation from your job when you file your claim for benefits.
- You must Report any wages earned and list all your employers from the last 18 months.
- You must be available for work each week or you may loose your benefits.
- You must be actively searching for work each week or benefits may be denied.
- You must develop report your work search each week as required by law
- You can use Use IllinoisJobLink.com to search for a jobs
- You must quick report your return to work as soon as possible to avoid committing fraud.
What information do I need to file my claim for UI Benefits in IL?
- Your Social Security number
- Your Driver’s License or State ID
- Your employment history from the past 18 months
- Your dependent’s name, social security number and date of birth
How Do I File For Unemployment Benefits in Illinois?
- To apply for IL unemployment insurance benefits you need to visit the Illinois department of insurance security website and file your claim.
Can I file an appeal if I am denied unemployment benefits in IL?
- YES! If your claim for UI Benefits is denied you can file an appeal with the Illinois Department Of Employment Security.