Kona Claims Office
81-990 Halekii St, Rm 2090
Kealakekua, HI 96750-0167
Ph: (808) 322-4822
Fax: (808) 322-4828
Kealakekua HI Unemployment Claims Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interview.
Am I eligible for Hawaii Unemployment Insurance?
To be eligible for HI Unemployment Insurance Benefit you must a resident of Hawaii. To Collect HI Unemployment Benefit you must be:
- Unemployed through no fault of your own.
- Have worked in Hawaii during the past 12 months.
- Have earned a minimum amount of wages determined by Hawaii guidelines.
- Be actively seeking work while collecting UI benefits.
Do I pay for HI Unemployment Insurance?
NO! Hawaii Employers pay Unemployment Insurance, they do that by paying a contribution tax based on a percentage of their payroll into the Unemployment Trust Fund. Workers DO NOT pay taxes into the unemployment program and NO deductions are taken from your paycheck.
What is the Maximum HI Unemployment Benefit I Can Qualify For?
- Your unemployment benefit amount is determined by HI state law.
- Your UI Benefit amount is based on your gross wages paid to you during your base period.
- The maximum UI benefit amount in HI is $648.
What is HI Base Period?
- Hawaii Base Period is the first 4 of the last 5 completed calendar quarters.
- If you do not qualify for the standard base period, an alternate base period which is the last 4 completed calendar quarters may be used.
What information do I need to apply for HI Unemployment benefits?
- Your social security number.
- Your employment information such as employer’s name and address, dates of employment.
- The reason for your separation from your job
- Your complete work history for the past 18 months.
- Your bank information for direct deposit (routing and account numbers).
How Do I Apply for Unemployment Insurance in HI?
Do I need to submit a weekly claim to continue getting UI Benefits in HI?
YES! You must submit a weekly claim online for every week you wish to receive benefits.
- Your weekly claim covers the prior week you have received benefits.
- Your benefit week runs from Sunday through Saturday.
- You cannot claim for a benefit week until it is over.
Can I Get HI job search assistance?
- YES! Hawaii Workforce Development Council can help you in your job-search and skills development. They will help you find your next job and plan your career path going forward.