Miami FL Unemployment Career Center Office – Miami Dade Public Library
CareerSource South Florida
Miami Dade Public Library 1398 SW 1st Street
Miami, Fl, 33135
Miami FL Unemployment Career Center Office provide individuals seeking employment all the latest tools to find and keep that special job. Employers will find assistance in recruiting new employees including a national job listing network, applicant screening, and space in the centers to conduct testing and employment interviews.
How Do I Qualify For Florida Unemployment Benefits?
To qualify for Florida unemployment benefits, you must:
- Have lost your job through no fault of your own.
- You must be totally or partially unemployed.
- You must have earned at least $3,400 before taxes in what is called the “base period,”.
- You must be able to work, available to work, and actively seeking work.
- Even if you or your employer don’t think you qualify, you should always apply.
What is Florida Base Period?
- Florida “base period,” refers to the first four complete quarters beginning 18 months prior to your claim.
What Information Do I Need To File For My Unemployment Benefits In Florida?
To file for your FL UI Benefits you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Your Driver’s license or State ID number
- Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer:
- Employer Name, address, and phone number
- Your first and last day of work
- Your gross earnings before taxes are taken out
- The reason for your separation
- Your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
What is the Maximum Unemployment Benefit I Can Get In Florida?
The State of Florida will determine your benefit amount but you can get a maximum of $275 per week for 12 weeks. You are entitled to a maximum benefit amount of $3,300.
How Do I File My Claim For Florida Unemployment Benefits?
You can file your FL Unemployment Benefits Claim Online through the Florida Department Of Economic Opportunity website:
- You need to set up your PIN while filing so you can log into the CONNECT system and claim your benefits.
- Your PIN must be four digits long
- Make your PIN easy to remember
Can I Get Help While Filing My Florida Unemployment Benefit Claim Online?
- Yes! If you need assistance because you are disabled, have legal problems, computer issues or language problems you should call 1-800-681-8102 for assistance.
How Do I Request My Weekly FL Unemployment Benefit Payments?
- Every two weeks, you login in online with your PIN to claim your unemployment benefits.
- You must request your benefits within seven days of your scheduled report date.
- If the last digit of your Social Security number is even, you claim your benefits on Mondays.
- If the last digit is odd, you claim your benefits on Tuesdays.
- If you are over seven days late to claim, you may be denied payment.
If I work in FL while on unemployment Benefits do I need to report my earnings?
- Yes! When you make your Bi-Weekly Claim you will need to report any work you have done during your claimed week, as well as your gross earnings.
- Even if you have not received payment from your employer you must report
- If you fail to report you would have broken Florida Unemployment Laws which can carry severe penalties.
Do I need to be Seeking A Job While On Florida Unemployment Benefits?
Yes! Your Florida unemployment laws require you to be contacting at least five potential employers each week in order for you to keep getting your UI Benefits.
- You will need to provide dates you contacted the employer.
- Your methods of contact; if in person, phone, online, or fax.
- The Company names you contacted; telephone numbers, websites or email.
- The results of your contact.
- Also, the type of work you were looking for.
Can I file An Appeal If I am denied Unemployment Benefits In Florida?
Yea! You may file an appeal online with the The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity If you were denied unemployment benefits.
- You must wait until after you have received your determination letter by mail to file your appeal.
- Your Determination Letter will have instructions on how to file your appeal if you have been denied benefits.
Will the State of FL help me find a job while on Unemployment Benefits?
Yes! The state of Florida will provides free reemployment services to you while on UI Benefits. If you are an unemployed worker, a recent graduate or just entering the job market you can visit visit the Employ Florida website and get assistance in your job search.
How Do I Contact the Florida Department Of Economic Opportunity?
You can contact FDEO by phone:
- FDEO Hotline: 1-800-204-2418
- Claim Assistance Hotline 1-800-681-8102